There’s a lot you can find out about somebody in 10mins! If you ask the right questions that is, you’ll discover things about their style, to their early life, to work ethic and more! These are just a few things I’ve learnt about head stylist at VRStyling; Funmi Fagbemi ( *big grin* My namesake lol), who has a huge imagination when styling and has a very clever way of bringing it to life on whoever she is styling! She recently styled Rapper; Eve for Da Vibe Magazine and Tiwa Savage’s infamous look for her new “Wanted” video! Get to know her below…
Funmi Shot By Erik Erxon.
- How would you describe your style?
- Favourite piece of clothing/accessory in your wardrobe?
- Favourite trend right now?
I don’t necessarily follow trends when it comes to my personal style, but as a stylist I am aware of them and I currently adore the 90’s revival.
- Trend you’d never been caught dead in?
I think since I tend to create my own look I would or have been caught dead in certain things. One thing for sure, definitely not miniskirts and bodycon dresses as they go totally against my personal style.
- Last purchase?
Purchase? I’m a stylist, I cannot make due with one when I’m on a roll. 🙂 I last bought a pair of unisex, high waisted trousers from American Apparel and two vintage dresses from Rokhit London.
- When did you decide to make fashion a profession?
- How would your friends/colleagues describe you?
- Who was the last person you styled?
- What was your experience like working with Tiwa Savage?
- Where did the style inspiration come from for her look for the wanted video?
- If you could style anybody who would it be? why? and what would they wear?
This is a tough question, but I have to say I do love styling men. That fact is evident when you see some of my fashion editiorals. A man who comes to mind is Ice Prince because I think he is the epitome of true men’s style. He has a way of sometimes mixing urban clothing that tell a story, and that’s what I love most. I would love to style him for a fashion editioral. I have a deep love for layering different items of clothing such as skirts, trousers and t-shirts. I would throw in a mix of beautiful layered jewelery to complete the look, and I guarantee, as eccentric as it may sound, that he would look fabtastic.